10 Reasons to buy gold
Adam Pike, News Editor
19 Jun 2014, 10:27 a.m.
It's been a busy week in the news but the gold price has seen little movement. Here's a summary of the current reasons why now might be a good time to add gold to your portfolio.
1. A shocking escalation of violence in Iraq and oil price jump
2. Continuing instability in the Ukraine
3. Global stock markets near or above all-time highs
4. U.S inflation above expectations and GDP revised down
5. European Central Bank introduces negative interest rates
6. Barclay’s trader found guilty of gold manipulation
7. Total American debt surpasses $60 Trillion
8. UK house prices reach all-time high
9. Pound Sterling at 5 year high against USD
10. Gold price in Sterling at lowest since January