Silver Britannia Privy Mark
The Royal Mint produces many coins featuring a privy mark. These can appear on the reverse side of the coin, somewhere around the image, or etched into the rim of the coin. Typically these markings are used to commemorate a significant event or anniversary.
If you have any questions about our stock, please email [email protected]
Since 2013, the Royal Mint has also produced special edition Britannia coins sporting a Privy Mark edge. These coins are an extra feather in the Mint's cap, and the privy rim offers collectors a slightly unusual take on the classic Britannia - similar to the alternative Oriental Border Britannia coins.
- 2013 - Year of the Snake privy mark
- 2014 - Year of the Horse privy mark
- 2015 - Year of the Sheep privy mark
- 2016 - Year of the Monkey privy mark
- 2017 - Year of the Rooster privy mark
- 2018 - Year of the Dog privy mark
- 2019 - Year of the Pig privy mark
Find out more about us with an information pack sent direct to you through the post.