Victoria Young Head Shield back 1838 - 1887
Our specific year Victoria Yound Head Shield Back coins are selected from only the finest condition coins in our stocks and will be significantly higher in grade compared to our Specific Head sovereigns. We aim for a coin grade of F to VF (fine to very fine). Coins in this category will be listed with the photograph of the actual coin rather than a generic picture.
Queen Victoria Sovereign engravers:
A total of five initials appear on Queen Victoria Gold Sovereigns, to mark either engravers and designers or the Mint Master of the time.
- William Wyon (W.W.) - up to 1851
- Benedetto Pistrucci (B.P.) - up to 1855
- Joseph Edgar Boehm (J.E.B.) - up to 1890
- Leonard Charles Wyon (L.C.W.) - up to 1891
- Thomas Brock (T.B.) - up to 1901 (and 1922 on Sovereigns)